The English Language for all levels at Multi-Language Café ( http://www.multilanguagecafe.com/courses/english/toronto/ )
* Course description:
The first class will be introductory and specific to each student's needs. First classes cover the nature of language and it's functions, and verbal/nonverbal communication. We progress towards sentence structure, past/present/future tenses, punctuation, pitch/accent/pause, and parts of speech.
* Course program:
The course begins with an introduction to the English language: The nature of language, language in social settings, the functions of language, nonverbal communication, and how to listen (listening barriers and strategies). Next, I work through how to execute clear expression, formal, informal, and nonstandard english, and verb tenses. We progress to parts of speech - nouns/pronouns/adjectives/verbs/adverbs etc., and perfect sentence structure (writing AND speaking).
* About the teacher:
My name is Olivia, I am 24 and I am a singer, dancer, fitness instructor, English & Drama major, and I love to cook. I am Canadian, born and raised, and I know the English language unequivocally. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are strengths, as well as communication and understanding.
* Places where you can take this course:
- Coffee shop: Starbucks, 680 College St. Toronto, ON M6G 1C1
- Coffee shop: Lit Espresso, 810 College St. Toronto, ON M6G 1C9
- University: University of Toronto, 7 Hart House Circle Toronto, ON M5S 3H3
- Library: Toronto Public Library (College & Shaw), 766 College St. Toronto, ON M6G 1C4
- Other public places student chooses
- At home
- In your office
Find a course in your city. View our teacher and courses!
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/multilanguagecafe